Photo

Photo detail

A fire in this building used as Waste Management transfer station for recyclables was caused by an exothermic reaction in one of the piles of recyclable material.

Stories this photo appears in:

Tease photo

Fire in Merrifield Indoor Recycling Facility

On Sunday, Feb. 26, at approximately 1:01 a.m., units from Fire Station 30, Merrifield, responded for a report of a fire alarm sounding in a commercial building in the 2800 block of Dorr Avenue in the Merrifield section of Fairfax County.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.