Fairfax County Fire & Rescue Department units responded to a fire in a townhouse in the 6900 block of Compton Valley Court in Centreville on March 30 at approximately 4:23 a.m. Upon arrival, units found a three-story, middle of the row townhouse with fire and smoke showing from a second floor window in the rear of the home. The fire appeared to be rapidly spreading to the attic. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire. They were able to contain the fire to the second floor and the attic. There were no civilian or firefighter injuries reported. The occupants of the home were alerted to the fire by working smoke alarms and called 911. Fire Investigators determined that the fire started in an upstairs bedroom. The fire was accidental in nature and was caused by an electrical event involving a desk lamp. Damages as a result of the fire were estimated to be approximately $93,750.