Fairfax County Police have released security camera footage showing the sequence of events that lead up to and immediately followed Master Deputy Sheriff Patrick McPartlin shooting Yovani Amaya Gomez at the bus depot outside Inova Fairfax Hospital on Aug. 15.
Last Friday, Dec. 16, Commonwealth's Attorney Ray Morrogh announced his decision that McPartlin was not criminally liable in the shooting and that it was a "justified homicide."
David Smith, commander of Fairfax County Police Department major crimes division, broke down the security camera footage of events leading up to and following Yovani Amaya Gomez (pictured on screen holding a sign post he used to attack a security guard and Sheriff’s deputy) being shot by Master Deputy Sheriff Patrick McPartlin.
Our report on Morrogh's decision is available here.
The full, unedited security footage of Gomez released by Fairfax County Police is available on YouTube here. Security guards first engage with him around the 53-minute mark.
More like this story
- Police Release Security Footage of Gomez Shooting
- Fairfax County Sheriff’s Deputy Cleared in Fatal Shooting
- Fairfax County: Commonwealth’s Attorney Begins Review of FCPD Report on Deputy-Involved INOVA Shooting
- Fairfax County: Autopsy Report Yet to Come for Deputy-Involved Shooting
- Fairfax: Dead Man’s, Deputy’s Name Released in Inova Shooting