Fairfax County Fire & Rescue Department units responded to a house fire Friday, Sept. 4, at approximately 6:20 p.m., at 15213 Dumas Court in Centreville.
Firefighters encountered smoke coming from the second floor of the three-story home upon arrival. Firefighters found the fire in the second floor laundry room. The three residents were alerted by smoke alarms in the home and safely escaped the home prior to the arrival of the fire department. Red Cross assistance was offered and declined by the residents. There were no injuries.
Damage is estimated at $156,000
According to fire investigators, the fire was accidental. The fire was determined to originate in the clothes dryer.