Planned activities for the Great Falls Optimist Club that provide opportunity for all ages to learn, serve, lead and to help youth who influence the future.
More info at email@example.com and optimist.org
We welcome your support& participation. there are 0ther youth and family programs available.
*Oct. 31, 2014 - Halloween
Great Falls Optimist Club joins Celebrate Great Falls Foundation to provide family portraits at the Gazebo on the Green. www.celebrategreatfalls.org firstname.lastname@example.org
*Nov. 2014 - Great Falls Optimist Club, partnering with Generosity Feeds, will provide holiday meals for families and students including regular Thanksgiving meals plus up to 4,000 prepackaged individual meals on Nov. 23, at Dominion
High School. generosityfeeds.org. email@example.com
*Dec. 2014 - Package and deliver holiday meals and gifts. Happy holidays and thanks to our volunteers, business and non-business partners, friends, educators and reporters. firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; 703-938-1609.
*Feb 2015 - Great Falls Optimist Club Essay Contest
How to Enter: Interested students must contact the Great Falls Optimist Club or the programs/activities teacher at your middle school (Pyramid Schools to Langley and Dominion High Schools). They need to submit an essay on the pre-assigned topic. Topic: "Optimism Should be a Priority." All Club-level contests are held by early February. Student submissions will not be accepted after the Club-level contests have closed.
- March 2015 - Great Falls Optimist Oratorical Contest
Topic: “How My Optimism Will Help Me Press On To Greater Achievements of the Future."
The Optimist Oratorical Contest gives youngsters the chance to speak to the world. More than $150,000 in college scholarships funded by the Optimist International Foundations are awarded annually from this program.
How To Enter: Interested students must contact the Great Falls Optimist Club or the programs/activities at your middle school. (Pyramid Schools to Langley and Dominion High Schools).
*March 29, 2015 - Great Falls Optimist Club/Adeler Jewelers 31st annual children’s spring festival. (Family Fun Day - Great Falls Green). Over 20,000 children plus parents have enjoyed a fun day together with rides, games, food and the gathering of Easter eggs and gems.
* April 2015 - Great Falls Optimist Club helping hands volunteer recognition award. One sixth grade student from each elementary school will be honored for outstanding volunteer service. Student is selected by school searchers and principals in elementary schools in the Langley and Dominion High School Pyramids.
* April 2015 - Partners in Education awards to outstanding Career Center Specialists who serve in our local high schools who are recognized for their dedicated service over the years in preparing our high school students as they transition to college and prepare to pursue lifelong careers. In addition, these educators will have partnered with the Optimist Club of Great Falls to help us identify students worthy of recognition and honor for their academic achievements and contributions to the community.
* May 2015 - Great Falls Optimist Youth Award of Excellence;
Outstanding junior students are recognized in six categories of excellence. Nominees are selected by teachers and judged by experts in selected categories.
Fine Arts Nominees
* June 2015 - Childhood Cancer Campaign: "Providing the Care ... Finding the Cure."
Did you know that each year more than 12,000 children and teenagers will be diagnosed with cancer? Did you also know that one in every 330 Americans develops cancer before the age of 20? Due to statistics such as these, Optimist Clubs are encouraged to participate in this program by building awareness of the disease, providing assistance to childhood cancer patients and their families and supporting research to find a cure.
The CCC program model is built to accentuate four areas of service on which Members can focus:
Support to children diagnosed and receiving treatment for cancer
Support to families and care partners of children with cancer
Support to health care and service providers
Support for cancer research