<i><lst>Send announcements to the Reston Connection, by mail to 7913 Westpark Drive, McLean, VA 22102, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 703-917-0991. Deadline is Thursday 5 p.m. for the following week's paper. Photos/artwork encouraged. Call Meghan Williams at 703-917-6407 with questions. This free listing is reserved for activities and events that are open to the public at no or minimal cost.</i>
Reston Epilepsy Group of The Epilepsy Foundation of the Chesapeake Region meets Dec. 9, 7-8:30 p.m., Herndon High School, 700 Bennett St., Entrance 5, Room 123. Call 703-425-6660.
The Reston Hospital Center. The hospital at 1850 Town Center Parkway, Reston, is offering the following classes.
* Childbirth Preparation. Topics include family-centered maternity care, birthing options, relaxation and breathing techniques, breast-feeding and baby-care basics. Weekend classes are also available. Call 1-877-689-3627.
* Diabetes Class Series. Learn how to successfully manage diabetes from certified diabetes experts. Topics include nutrition and meal planning, monitoring, dealing with complications and exercise. Call 703-689-9100.
* Healthy Community 2010. A health screening program designed to improve the health of the community. Call 1-877-689-3627.
* Sibling Classes for children 3-4 and 4-6 years old. Children will hold and diaper an infant doll, watch a video on becoming a sibling and visit the nursery and birthing suites. Cost is $15 for one child and $25 for two. Call 1-877-689-3627.
* Joint Replacement Orientation Program. Free class to educate families about total joint replacement surgery. Learn about planning, what to expect at the hospital and what to do after surgery. Class meets the first Thursday of the month, from 9-10:30 a.m., and the third Tuesday of the month, from 4:30-6 p.m. in Suite 307.