July 11, 2002
The new Bonefish Grill restaurant is opening Monday, July 15 at 6315 Multiplex Drive in Centreville — the site of the former Doc Harry's restaurant. It will offer a diverse menu of 10 different types of fish, steaks, chops, pasta dishes, salads. Major credit cards accepted. The hours of operation are Monday to Thursday, 4-10:30 p.m.;
Friday and Saturday, 4-11:30 p.m.; and Sunday, noon to 9 p.m. Call 703-815-7427.
United Airlines will move its bilateral authority to serve Sao Paulo, Brazil, and Buenos Aires, Argentina, from JFK in New York to Dulles Airport on Oct. 29. Washington is the fifth largest U.S.-Argentine market in the U.S. and the only one of the top five that does not have nonstop air service.
Sandy Keefe of Centreville recently became a consultant for Tastefully Simple Inc., a national direct sales company based in Alexandria. As a consultant, Keefe conducts in-home presentations of upscale, convenience-driven gourmet foods. During these interactive taste-testing parties, guests receive easy meal ideas, recipes and entertainment suggestions. Keefe joins more than 7,000 consultants in 50 states who have discovered Tastefully Simple's products and income potential.
Diane H. Acurso, CPA, supervisor at the Fairfax accounting firm of Thompson, Greenspon & Co., P.C., has recently earned the professional designation of Certified Specialist in Estate Planning. This designation was awarded by The National Institute for Excellence in Professional Education, LLC, in conjunction with various state CPA societies.
Dulles-based Vastera Inc. was awarded the MentorWorks Outstanding Mentoring Partnership for 2002. MentorWorks is a Fairfax County Public School program that helps students "On the Edge of Success" by pairing them with a mentor who spends time with them reading, helping with homework and simply listening. Seven Vastera employees currently mentor students in fifth and sixth grades.
R.W. Murray Co. of Chantilly has hired Thomas Pavel as a project executive. He will lead and manage all of the company's health-care market growth. He's been involved in the Washington Metropolitan construction industry since 1977, serving in executive management positions most of his career.
R.W. Murray Co. was recently awarded several contracts for both design/build services and interior renovations throughout the Northern Virginia area.
* 4Wave Inc., an engineering firm based in Sterling, has awarded R.W. Murray its 7,347-SF tenant renovation project. PS Business Parks is the building owner.
* R.W. Murray Co. will be performing an interior tenant finish for Excel Courier. The 64,000-SF facility is located in Sterling.
* Visa International has awarded R.W. Murray Co. an interior renovation for its McLean 5,000-SF office. The M Group are the architects for the renovations.
* R.W. Murray Co. will be doing various building modifications for the 62,772-SF Beaumeade Technology Center in Sterling. Hofmann and Associates Inc. is the architect for the project.
* 11,250-SF interior tenant finish projects for Chalmers Development in the Linden Building in Manassas. CMSS Architects is providing the designs for the renovations.